1. He KW*#, Bridi M, Zong FJ, Wang GL, Kirkwood A#, Modulation of Neuronal Excitation/Inhibition Balance by the Dark/Light Cycle (in preparation)
2. Bridi M, Pasquale R, lantz C L, Gu Y, Choi S, He K, Tran T, Quinlan E, Kirkwood A#, Two distinct mechanisms for experience-dependent homeostasis in vivo, 2017 (Submitted)
3. He K, Huertas M, Hong S, Tie X, Hell J.W, Shouval H, Kirkwood A# (2015) Distinct Eligibility Traces for LTP and LTD in Cortical Synapses. Neuron, 88(3): 528-38
4. Ikrar T, Guo N, He K, Besnard A, Levinson S, Hill A, Lee HK, Hen R, Xu X, Sahay A# (2013) Adult neurogenesis modulates excitability of the dentate gyrus. Frontiers in Neural Circuits. 7:204
5. Wang H*, Megill A*, He K, Kirkwood A, Lee HK# (2012) Consequences of inhibiting amyloid precursor protein (APP) processing enzymes on synaptic function and plasticity. Neural Plasticity. 2012:272374
6. He K, Petrus E, Gammon N, Lee HK#, (2012) Distinct sensory requirements for unimodal and cross-modal homeostatic synaptic plasticity. Journal of Neuroscience. 32(25):8469-74
7. Huang S*, Trevi？o M*, He K*, Ardiles A, Pasquale R, Guo Y, Palacios A, Huganir R, Kirkwood A# (2012) Pull-push neuromodulation of LTP and LTD enables bidirectional experience-induced synaptic scaling in visual cortex. Neuron. 73(3):497-510 (Recommended by F1000Prime)
8. Qian H, Matt L, Zhang M, Nguyen M, Patriarchi T, Koval OM, Anderson ME, He K, Lee HK, Hell JW# (2012) The β2 Adrenergic Receptor Supports Prolonged Theta Tetanus - induced LTP. J Neurophysiol.
9. He K, Goel A, Ciarkowski CE, Song L, Lee HK# (2011) Brain area specific regulation of synaptic AMPA receptors by phosphorylation. Commun Integr Biol. 4(5):569-72
10. He K, Lee A, Song L, Kanold PO, Lee HK# (2011) AMPA receptor subunit GluR1 (GluA1) serine-845 site is involved in synaptic depression but not in spine shrinkage associated with chemical long-term depression. Journal of Neurophysiology. 105(4):1897-907
11. Lee HK, Takamiya K, He K, Song L, Huganir RL# (2010) Specific roles of AMPA receptor subunit GluR1 (GluA1) phosphorylation sites in regulating synaptic plasticity in the CA1 region of hippocampus. Journal of Neurophysiology. 103(1):479-89
12. He K, Song L, Cummings LW, Goldman J, Huganir RL, Lee HK# (2009) Stabilization of Ca2+-permeable AMPA receptors at perisynaptic sites by GluR1-S845 phosphorylation. PNAS, 106(47):20033-8(Recommended by F1000Prime)
13. Lee HK, Takamiya K, Kameyama K, He K, Yu S, Rossetti L, Wilen D, and Huganir RL # (2007) Idenfication and characterization of a novel phosphorylation site on the GluR1 subunit of AMPA receptors. Mol Cell Neuroscience, 36(1):86-94.
14. Laird FM*, Cai H*, Savonenko AV*, Farah MH*, He K, Melnikova T, Wen H, Chiang HC, Xu G, Koliatsos VE, Borchelt DR, Price DL, Lee HK, Wong PC# (2005) BACE1, a major determinant of selective vulnerability of the brain to amyloid- amyloidogenesis, is essential for cognitive, emotional, and synaptic functions. Journal of Neuroscience, 25(50):11693-11709.
* Equally contributing authors. # Corresponding author